Thursday, November 2, 2017

Famous Last Words; Home Stretch

We're finally in the homestretch. That's how I always feel once the month of November rolls around during the fall semester and this year is no different. Taking 19 hours at the moment, I am completely exhausted, but did that stop me from enrolling in 18 for this next semester? Of course not. However, I am actually really excited about some of the courses that I am planning not taking and even have them with some friends that I have made within my major this past semester so it shouldn't be too terrible.
I'm looking forward to this weekend because I don't have a ton going on. I have the normal homework load that I will have to spend some time focusing on but other than that what I have planned should be pretty fun. For starters, tomorrow morning I am volunteering at the OU Children's Hospital in Oklahoma City and I am really excited about it. My dad has worked in a children's hospital for several years and it is an environment that I really love. In fact, years down the road when I complete my masters in professional counseling, maybe that is an environment that I could work in.
Additionally, one of my really close friends has a birthday this weekend. She invited me and one of my roommates over to watch the Bedlam game with her and just have a chill day celebrating and getting ready for yet another week. And as always, Boomer Sooner!
A personal photo of my friend that has a birthday this weekend (right) and my
roommate that will also be celebrating with us (left).

Finally, we are getting so close to Dad's Day, one of my favorite weekends every fall semester without fail! I don't get to see my family just a ton so any time that part or all of my family get to come to Norman is a good time. This year, it will just be my dad but we are going to go to the game and spend the weekend together doing some other fun things. Growing up, I always watched football with my dad so it is something that we really enjoy. It will be a good weekend to be able to push through to the end of the semester and go home to my family for the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Hannah!

    I agree that my mind is in that homestretch mode. I just try to stay on top of all of my assignments so I don't have to stress anymore than I need to when it comes time for finals week. I feel your pain in that state of exhaustion that never seems to go away. Be sure to take good care of yourself even when you are the most busy. I took 20 hours and worked 20 hours last semester and was always feeling that way. This semester I was in 18 hours and dropped a class because I have been constantly sick and so tired and it was the best decision for me. I'm sure you will do great though especially with your support system by your side! You got it!

    ReplyDelete