Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Famous Last Words: A Good Mix

At the beginning of this week, something that I challenged myself to do was to be better about doing schoolwork AND things for myself so that I didn't get so burnt out on studying all the time. Looking back, I've done a pretty good job of this.
On Sunday, one of my really good friends asked me to go with him to his fraternity's date dash and go ice skating with him. Although I had some other things I could have done for the upcoming week, I decided to go and I did not regret it. We had a lot of fun together and I felt more refreshed and ready for another week than I probably would have if I had spent the night studying. Also, if you were wondering, apparently I am a terrible ice skater. He, of course, was a natural and tried to teach me how to improve but it seemed to be of no use. I knocked my date down twice because I couldn't stay on my own two feet :)
A personal photo from the date dash this 
past weekend.
This weekend, my dad is coming for the football game because it is Dad's Day. We are very close and I am excited for him to get here. It's also fitting that it is the TCU game because we hate that team more than almost anyone else in college football. I guess that's just something that comes from growing up in Waco and having parents that are Baylor Alumni. Either way, I am excited for what is to come this weekend. I do have a lot of stuff to do beforehand though because I have a HUGE project due next Monday in one of my other classes that is actually 20% of my final grade that i am really nervous for and won't want to do while my dad is in town. Wish me luck on that!
A personal photo from Dad's Day a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment