Friday, October 20, 2017

Famous Last Words: No Free Time

I feel like the title of this post just about sums up my thoughts on how things are going right now. I am always studying, meeting with people, going to meetings, and trying to remember not to miss breakfast, lunch, or dinner. With all of that, there is hardly any free time to do the things that I sometimes want to such as just hanging out and watching Netflix for a little while or, honestly, just getting to sit still for a while and not do anything at all.
However, even in the busyness, I am still enjoying this semester. I got to go home last weekend during OU/TX because I didn't feel like spending as much money as an adventure to Dallas would have cost so I just drove a little bit further and went on to my home in Waco, Texas. I got to go see my sisters do things for their cheer squad and high school band that I would not have gotten to see otherwise, which was a lot of fun. I miss my sisters a lot while I am here in Norman, and my parents too. My dad just found out that he will actually be able to come up for Dad's Day on November 11th when OU plays TCU and I couldn't be more excited. I also hope we seriously beat TCU because, having grown up in Waco with lots of Baylor ties, they are about my least favorite team of all.
A personal photo of my sister and the other seniors on her squad.
She's the short one with curly brown hair.

This weekend, I have to go to a retreat for my sorority. I know that it will be fun once I get there, but right now I am having trouble working up the desire to go because I have so much to do and would kill for an uneventful weekend at this point in the semester. Then, tomorrow night, we are going out and celebrating my roommate, Jillian, that will be turning 21. All of these things will be super fun but I am hoping that I can find some time to rest in the midst of the. Here's hoping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment